The year of 2019 has witnessed tangible progress of VeChain, with increasingly more enterprise-level use cases, considerable technical advancement such as governance model update, the branching partnerships on a global scale, and the recent release of VeChain Whitepaper 2.0. At the beginning of the new year, we would like to attribute our success to our numerous partners and advisors, as well as our community members for standing by our side throughout the entire year of 2019.
While we have advanced considerably in terms of our business and development of the blockchain ecosystem, VeChain, together with our strategic partner CREAM, have continued to place a “community-first” policy at the forefront of our project since throughout last year. Without our devoted community members, no matter how great our achievements were, they would certainly not be as well known as they are now in the wider blockchain community.
Thanks to our active community members, we have seen a flurry of user generated content, with quality articles, graphics, GIFs, comments and other forms of contribution all across social media regardless of any specific platform. There is also no doubt that our social media presence has been gaining incredibly more influence, and the discussions and activity around VeChain on several platforms (such as Reddit, Twitter and Telegram) have been widely considered as the most active cohesive community in the entire blockchain space.
We would also like to thank our talented community developers that continue to work hard to introduce more and more useful tools for the best interest of the community. Their help to expand the VeChainThor blockchain ecosystem with invaluable services and tools have greatly assisted every stakeholder in our ecosystem.
Finally, we would like to extend our deepest gratitude to our dedicated and often underappreciated community admins and moderators on social media (Reddit, Telegram, Facebook and more). It is all thanks to them that everyone in the VeChain ecosystem continue to be able to have meaningful discussions in a friendly and civil space about all things VeChain. Without the professionalism and devotion from them, VeChain will certainly not be as well-received and fairly rated across social media as we have been.
Today, in the spirit of the new year, VeChain is excited to announce The 2019 Community Contributor Awards.
The VeChain Community Contributor Awards are specially designed to reward andrepresent our heartfelt gratitude to our active and loyal community. The awards are open to any community member that positively contributes to the VeChain ecosystem, with nominations and voting completely done by the community.
Please carefully read the rules below to participate in VeChain’s new year surprise.
- Nominees can be from any of the following categories: Technical Developers, Community Administrators, Influencers, Evangelists, Content Creators, and Any Community Member who has contributed significant efforts for the greater good of the VeChain Ecosystem.
- Please note that nominations for VeChain Foundation staff, steering committee members and advisors will be ruled out.
2. Nominations, including self-nominations, must be submitted to VeChain Foundation by 10pm (UTC+8) on January 5, 2020.
3. VeChain Foundation will select TOP 10 nominees as the final candidates for voting.
4. Voting will start on January 6, 10pm (UTC+8) and will end on January 12, 10pm (UTC+8).
5. We are expecting 5 final winners to win the VeChain Community Contributor Awards. All the winners will receive our exclusive VeChain New Year Gift Set with items as follows:
- VeChain ToolChain™ Powered Limited Edition of Copper Dog Whisky
- VeChain ToolChain™ Powered T-shirt
- Handwritten gift card from Sunny Lu
VeChain is looking forward to welcome the different nominations from the community, and we are holding our breath waiting to be surprised by the excitement to be shown by the community, especially during the voting period.